COMPANIES AND BUSINESSES REPRESENTED
- A leading Hong Kong electronics manufacturer with business in the U.S.
- A leading nationwide prescription eyeglasses retailer.
- A marketing company with over 500 short-term employees in 48 states.
- A leading telecommunications integrator with over 120 employees.
- A national, private print management company from New Jersey.
- An information technology, telecommunications company.
- A solar panel installer.
- An international shoe textile sales company.
- A software engineering, application design firm.
- A music school.
- Several professional day care facilities.
- Several property management firms.
- Several accounting firms.
- Several law firms.
- Several developers and construction firms.
- Several electrical contractors.
- Numerous engineering and architectural firms.
- A national food manufacturer.
- A car wash company.
- Several doctor/dental offices.
- A leading regional dry cleaner.
- A convenience store franchisee.
- A dry-cleaning franchisee.
- An investigation agency.
- Wireless communications retail store.
- A non-profit trade association with 1200 members.
- A non-profit social, cultural and civic organization.
- Several local churhes.
- A seafood wholesaler.
- A landmark North End specialty food establishment.
- Numerous condominium boards.
- Several landscaping companies.
- An automobile insurance agency.
- A benefits insurance firm.
- A specialty kitchen design firm.
- A leading printing company based in Ohio.
- A leading firearms accessories manufacturer.
- A landmark Boston bar/restaurant.
- Several home health care companies.
- A real estate investment company.
- A mortgage brokerage firm.
- A home inspection company.
- Several real estate brokerage firms.
- An air conditioning service company.
- A private airplane holding company.
- Work for several insurers representing various insured businesses.
- A professional appraisal firm.
- A data storage consulting firm.
- Several technology consulting firms.
- A leading Boston boxing gym.
- A retail products distributor.
- Several commercial real estate owners.
SHAREHOLDERS, EXECUTIVES AND PROFESSIONALS REPRESENTED
- Several doctors and psychologists.
- Human resources professionals.
- An Executive V.P. of a local Educational Institution (College or University).
- Several Professors and scientists from local colleges and universities.
- Major, Minotiry and 50% owners of an Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
- Minority stock purchaser of a leading security firm.
- A high level insurance exectutive.
- Numerous insurance brokers.
- Several sales persons.
- Several auto industry executives.
- Several advertising executives.
- A career salesperson who licensed products to the NFL.
- Numerous part-owners of private businesses.
CONNECT WITH ADAM
ADAM’S RECENT POSTS
Baby, It’s Cold Outside: Protecting Your Rights in LLC and Close Corporation Freeze-Outs in Massachusetts
Just like the bracing chill of a Massachusetts winter, experiencing a corporate freeze-out can feel cold and harsh. Whether you're part of a Limited Liability Company (LLC), partnership or a close corporation in Massachusetts, a thorough understanding of freeze-out...
A Business Breakup: How to Navigate a Toxic Business Partnership and Safeguard your Financial and Mental Health
Your business partnership started with a shared vision and enthusiasm, much like a marriage. But as many business owners know, partnerships can sour, making your daily operations a nightmare. If you find yourself as a minority owner or majority shareholder in an...
Sometimes bloodlines blur business lines. There's a potent blend of emotion and finance in family businesses. I've been in the trenches, witnessing brothers at odds with brothers, sons challenging fathers, and sibling rivalries taken to the extreme. A wise judge once...
Any lawyer worth their salt can dissect a noncompetition agreement and under Massachusetts law, predict its enforceability. Indeed, this forms the bedrock of sound legal advice, but it is merely the beginning. The real challenge lies in the practical and strategic...
When deciding whether to sign a separation agreement or severance agreement with your employer, consider the following issues: Consideration: What are you getting for your signature? What are you giving up? Is the trade-off worth it? Waiver of legal rights:...
GET IN TOUCH
Law Office of Adam P. Whitney265 Franklin Street, Suite 1702
Boston, MA 02110
ABOUT THE FIRM
Business Litigation and Employment Law
Outside General Counsel
Shareholder / LLC / Partnership Disputes
No attorney-client relationship is established by your use of this site. You must not send or share any confidential information about you or any legal issue without Attorney Whitney's express written permission. The content of this website may be considered advertising for legal services under the laws and rules of professional conduct. The content does not constitute legal advice. The content is for information purposes only. Legal advice cannot be provided unless you hire my firm and we perform a full review of the legal matter and the most current, applicable law. The law in your state may be different than Massachusetts, so the information in the content may be completely irrelevant if you are outside of Massachusetts.